Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Bridge.

I was sitting in the backseat along. You were right there with me. You were next to me. Above me. Around me. You were there. We were driving quick. Until we got to the bridge. Then time stood still.

My head had been spinning all day. The "I Do's" and "I Love You's were beautifully overwhelming. Your love was beautifully overwhelming. All. Day. Long. But You didn't stop there.

Driving over the bridge. Time stood still. The sky was every color. Fire red. Burnt orange. Golden yellow. Royal purple. Deep blue. Finally fading to black. Every color was bold. Confident. It knew it's place. And purpose. The clouds were illuminated. Set aflame.

The long bridge. Over the usually dark water. But not that night. That night it was the opposite. The lake was reflecting back every color of the sky. White specks of boats were scattered along the surface of the water. I was lost in the beauty. I felt motionless. I felt You physically grabbing my thoughts. I was surrounded. Captivated. Engulfed in Your love.

Each color was orchestrated. The timing was planned. All the events of the day were leading to that exact moment. You know that would happen since before I was born. Before a thought of me existed. Before my parents. Grandparents. Creation of time. You created that sunset on that lake and knew I would be right there at that moment. And I was.

And that was only a sunset. One little sunset. At the end of one day of my life. But You know them all. Every one. Every day. Of Every life. That has ever been. And ever will be. But You love each one of us with a deep passion. Lord. You love me. You delight in revealing Your love for me. You give me perfect endings. To perfect days. You aren't afraid of showing Your love with zeal. You do everything to keep hold of my wandering heart. You aren't afraid of me. All of me. Sad. Happy. Thankful. Selfish. Loved. Unloved. Surrounded. Alone. When I'm laughing. When I'm crying out. You aren't afraid. You seem me as a daughter. A lover. A sister. A friend. Holy and blameless. Without a flaw.

Driving over the bridge. You got me. You exceeded my expectations for the day. It was only a sunset. It was only a lake. It was only a bridge. But it was beautiful. And it was a gift for me. An unmatchable gift. As we crossed that bridge and reached the other side, time picked up again. And my head continued it's spinning. You got me lost in love that day. And I hope I don't find my way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment