Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sitting At Your Feet.

Sometimes my mind wanders. I get consumed in things to be done. Places to go. People to see. I serve. But forget the reason for serving. I forget the Unique One I'm serving. I offer my deeds. And forget to give my heart. All You want is my love. All You want is my amazement. All You want is my affection. Not my good works. Sometimes I forget to give You the praises that You are due.

It's time to take a different approach. I long to be a bit more Mary and a little less Martha. Martha was a good woman. She was a servant. But her serving distracted her from Your true beauty. You true blessing. But Mary. Mary was different. She chose what couldn't be take away. She didn't busy herself with serving. She didn't consume her thoughts with good deeds. Mary chose something better. She chose You. She sat in awe of You. And that wonder was never taken from Mary. She never grew tired of who You are. And so I'm going to try something. A Mary approach.

Sitting at Your feet. Letting You speak to my heart. Quiet. I just want to hear Your voice. I want You to effect my thinking. Change my ways. Invade my thoughts. Become my speech. Consume me. Lord. From the inside out. Totally. Completely.Remind me. Lord. I serve You. And You alone. My serving is for You. My ability to serve comes from You. I am working for You. Not the world. Allow me to sit. Be amazed. Awestruck. Inevitably peaceful. Radically changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment