Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's Me.

"It's not you. It's me."
Really. What if it is?
What if I am to blame?
No. I didn't break any hearts.
But my mind is going crazy.

My brain won't stop.
It never stops.
I need to be constantly on guard.
Moment. By. Moment.

Sometimes I slip up.
I let my thoughts get away.
And lately it's happened too frequently.
I forget who I'm fighting against.
I give him ground.

The thoughts overwhelm me.
They change my views.
On life. On joy. On people.
They try to silence You.
And sometimes I let them.


I make things up in my head.
I create stories.
Painful stories full of lies.
Of things hoped for.
Of things easier.
I over-think every word.
Every look.
Every laugh.

That isn't Your plan.
You will surprise me.
You will challenge me.
You won't let me get by easy.

Yes. It is me.
That doesn't change the facts.
I know Truth.
I know You.
You are changing me.
But for now.
"It's me" will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment