Friday, June 4, 2010

Home Is Where The Heart Is.

Home is where the heart is.
I've heard it time and time again. So often we think of a place. Somewhere we spent our childhood. Somewhere we've made our memories. Somewhere we feel safe and loved.

But what happens when your "home" doesn't add up?
I am loved by my family. Sometimes my heart breaks when I'm there. I am loved by my brothers and sisters. Sometimes I get let down. My whole life I have felt out of place. Like I wasn't meant for whatever place I landed. And the truth is, I'm not.

"For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come." Hebrews 13:14.

My home isn't here. And as much as I try to make it fit my mold. It won't happen. It can't happen. Because of the new heart that I have been given, I will never find my home here. If I did feel at home, I should be worried.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21.

The treasure I live for is to see Jesus Christ face to face in Heaven. Plain and Simple. It's not to be comfortable in this life. It's not to see 100 people come to know the Lord. My treasure is the day that I will get to bow at the feet of my Lord and proclaim that He is worthy of all praise.

My heart is there.
And home is there as well.
My heart is with Christ.
My home is with Christ.
Home is where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment